Kotoriya

Wow! I have finished my first week here at the residency and I am thrilled with my progress. I love my studio. It is called Kotoriya which means "little bird shop". I have somewhat of a routine now unless we have a workshop. I get up at 6. I make green tea, call Mack, shower, eat breakfast and go to the studio. I am usually there by 8. I have finished a painting, and 27 small collages! I work until 12 and head home for lunch. Go back to the studio 'til about 3 and then back to the house for a rest. In the evenings, we all often get together for a pot luck dinner. It's a fine way to spend the day!!!
Little Bird Shop Studio

My painting wall

My collage table

Making paper with Yanai-San. He is a world class artist and you can see his work at http://www.yaezakidokudami.com/yanai.html

Paper making has many steps

Learning to write my name using katakana characters

Motoe taught us about Shodo, or calligraphy.



“People don’t take trips, trips take people.” – John Steinbeck

Popular Posts