Art is Everywhere!!

         
               I continue to be inspired and awed by Onishi. I am working everyday on my art with breaks for lunch, occasional shopping, scary movie night, dinner at the local pub and karaoke. Marie, Natsuka and I bicycled to the antiques store to get some supplies. Yesterday, Marie, Irene and I got caught in a warm rain heading back from the grocery store. It's the littlest things that are so beautiful and sweet.

               I am immensely influenced by the colors and textures of this little town. There is a softness about the buildings and landscape. Faded by the sun and rain. Mellowed by humidity. There is beauty in the people who shuffle past my studio everyday ("Konichiwa!!!"), the stray cats that seem to congregate at every corner and the foliage that takes over anything that doesn't move. I have been here for just a little over 2 weeks. It seems like I just got here, but I have been here all my life.

                It is pouring rain now. All of the windows are open. The kitchen smells like onions and sesame oil. Lots of laughter. Life is good.


Looking at the shadows outside the movie room window

I love this rusty rose color

Can you see the eyes??

Man made and nature made

The little bird that adorns the front of my studio

Soft and lush

Mail box

My studio wall 


“I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” – Mary Anne Radmacher

Popular Posts