It's hard to eat corn with chopsticks!

I arrived in Tokyo on Tuesday afternoon after an 11 hour flight from LA. I didn't mind the screaming child....well, okay. I did. 

I spent the evening at an airport hotel which happily had a wonderful bar on the 6th floor. I easily forgot the screaming baby. 

On Wednesday morning a car picked me up and whisked me away to my beautiful little town of Onishi where I will live for 6 weeks.  It's the same, but different. I am seeing the village with familiar eyes, but still full of surprise and wonder. 

I am really digging the other artists. They are smart, delightful and engaging. I look forward to getting to know them and their work!!!! 


The 6th floor bar at th Narita Guest House. Thank you for the Screwdriver.

Yep, the airport hotel was IN the airport.

Breakfast of champions! Miso soup with soft seaweed. Bean curd with fish flakes and fresh ginger. Tamagoyaki, salad and coffee! 



ONISHI
Hello, beautiful river. I missed you.


Kjell and I made a lovely dinner for the artists on arrival day. Fresh basil from the residency garden made a fabulous pesto. Veggies from the garden made delicious ratatouille.



You didn't think we went right to sleep after dinner, did you? Of course, not! There was a festival to attend!! Drumming, dancing and theatre! 

Fire Dance



My room. Oyasuminasai.








"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time." 
Thomas Merton




Popular Posts