Wabi Sabi





Wabi Sabi. Nothing is perfect. Nothing is forever. Nothing is finished.

Cracks and imperfections are cherished as marks of the passage of time and loving use. For objects and living things.

One of the resident artist's, Margaret Flatley, is a gifted photographer. She took individual photos of each of us (au buffo 😊) as part of one of one of her series that shows the body simply as an object. (No one will ever know it's me, honey.) Margaret is wise beyond her years and when I started making excuses about my skin and gray hair and wrinkled knees, she gently and thoughtfully informed me that I was nuts. 

 A wabi-sabi view reveals that the belief that our bodies should fit a single, abstract, youthful ideal is optional.

When I get another pang of grief during the aging process, I will remember the richness of the many people, stories, adventures that have made their mark on this body, this face and these hands.



Wabi-Sabi Me


Rough



Weathered



Impermeable




Worn



Cracked




Asymetrical



Intimate




Modest



Wabi-Sabi Us!



Please see Margaret's work at https://www.margaretflatley.de/studio.



“What I like about photographs is that they capture a moment that’s gone forever, impossible to reproduce.” 
― Karl Lagerfeld

Popular Posts